- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, sliced fresh strawberries and whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Garnish with confectioners' sugar, strawberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Sort By :
"Best pound cake! Everyone loves it when I make it."
"Excellent pound cake recipe. I cut the sugar to approximately 2-1/2 cups. I do not have lemon extract, so I used lemon zest. I will make this again."
"Best pound cake recipe I have tried thus far. It's moist and just the right amount of denseness. The flavor is fabulous. It's great on its own but served with fresh berries and a dollop of whipped cream and it's out of this world tasty. This recipe is a keeper."
"I enjoyed the pound cake I would be making this again Thanks the Jackson Family"
"Made this the day it was sent out by TOH; made my second one today, 2 days later because the family devoured the first one!! Wouldn't change a thing. It's delicious plain!"