- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, sliced fresh strawberries and whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Garnish with confectioners' sugar, strawberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Sort By :
I followed the recipe and its extremely good! one of my favorite pound cakes!
Happy mother's day to me! I used 2 9" round pans (and a 5" round so the 9's wouldn't be too full) lined with waxed paper. Baked 45-55 min. Used the 5" to taste test. Yumm!! Split the 2 9" layers and spread with lemon curd. Then mixed a can of Solo raspberry filling and 1/2 c. frozen raspberries broken into small pieces and spread between the 2 layers. Frosted with a citrus buttercream. Really fabulous but I also equally liked the plain cake with no gilding. Great recipe!
Great tasting pound cake I added 1 more teaspoon of vanilla it was delicious! My family really liked it with or with out the fruit.
Cannot wait to try this recipe and share with my friends.
Fantastic pound cake! Very moist and flavorful. This recipe is definitely a keeper.