Cream Cheese Potatoes
Flavored with garlic salt and chives, these potatoes are rich, creamy and oh, so yummy. A sprinkling of paprika gives this dish a festive look. We prefer these to plain mash potatoes.Cyneli Fynaardt, Oskaloosa, Iowa
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain; mash potatoes. Beat in the cream cheese, sour cream, milk,
- garlic salt and chives until well blended.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Drizzle potatoes
- with butter and sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 30-35 minutes or until edges are bubbly and potatoes are heated
- through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 410 calories, 18 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.