Cream Cheese Potato Soup Recipe
- 6 cups water
- 7 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- In a Dutch oven, combine the water and bouillon. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 18-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Reviews for Cream Cheese Potato Soup
Sort By :
"Followed this recipe to the T. A big hit! This will be my go-to potato soup recipe from now on!"
"This is hands down the best potato recipe ever. My husband forbids me to make any other kind, even his mother's!! We like to crumble Ritz crackers in ours for a thickener and an extra zing."
"Loved this soup! Made it as shown except for 2 things: I sauteed the onions and ham a little before adding them to the soup, and used rosemary instead of dill. Fast, easy, and delicious, and definitely a recipe I'll make again."
"This just replaced my favorite potato soup recipe. My whole family loved it."
"Delish! There are only 3 of us at home tonight for dinner so I prepared 1/2 the recipe. My picky teenage son informed me I need to double it. My husband says this recipe is a keeper. The only changes I made was I used bacon instead of ham and added lots of white pepper. We didn't have ham on hand and we like white pepper."