"I came up with this soup after I had tried something similar at a restaurant," explains Stacy Bockelman, California, Missouri. "Using chicken bouillon and frozen hash browns makes it easy to fix. It's good with sourdough bread," she adds. It's also good for your pocketbook at only 47 cents a bowl.
- 6 cups water
- 7 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- In a Dutch oven, combine the water and bouillon. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 18-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Originally published as Cream Cheese Potato Soup in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p11
Reviews for Cream Cheese Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review