Cream Cheese Potato Soup Recipe
"I came up with this soup after I had tried something similar at a restaurant," explains Stacy Bockelman, California, Missouri. "Using chicken bouillon and frozen hash browns makes it easy to fix. It's good with sourdough bread," she adds. It's also good for your pocketbook at only 47 cents a bowl.
- 6 cups water
- 7 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the water and bouillon. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 18-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 158 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 779 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC