- 6 cups water
- 7 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- In a Dutch oven, combine the water and bouillon. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 18-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Reviews for Cream Cheese Potato Soup
Sort By :
"We recently had this at a friend's house and LOVED it. I watched how she made it and she told me where she got the recipe. This may well have become my new favorite go to potato soup, and I'm not even a cream cheese lover!! I will be fixing this for myself as soon as I get to pick up the ingredients I don't have. A definite keeper!"
"I just made this for Church tonight and I can not believe how awesome it is. The only thing I changed was to use bacon instead of ham. I am sure it would be great with ham also. LOVE it with bacon! So easy. So GOOD!"
"Followed this recipe to the T. A big hit! This will be my go-to potato soup recipe from now on!"
"This is hands down the best potato recipe ever. My husband forbids me to make any other kind, even his mother's!! We like to crumble Ritz crackers in ours for a thickener and an extra zing."
"This just replaced my favorite potato soup recipe. My whole family loved it."