Cream Cheese-Pineapple Pie Recipe
- PINEAPPLE LAYER:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple with juice
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and pineapple plus juice in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thick and clear. Cool; set aside.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar and salt in mixer bowl. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Blend in milk and vanilla. (If mixture looks slightly curdled, don't worry-it bakes out.)
- Spread cooled pineapple layer over bottom of pie shell. Pour cream cheese mixture over pineapple; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 325° and bake for 50 minutes. Cool. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese-Pineapple Pie
Sort By :
"Excellent recipe !! Perfectly balanced, super easy to make. It's perfect without making any adjustments. Thanks for a great "go to" recipe."
"Everyone I made this 4 loved it !!"
"I have been making this pie since I found the recipe in a Taste of the Country cookbook back in the late 80s. LOVE IT!!"