Cream Cheese-Pineapple Pie Recipe
- PINEAPPLE LAYER:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple with juice
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Combine sugar, cornstarch and pineapple plus juice in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thick and clear. Cool; set aside.
- 2. Blend cream cheese, sugar and salt in mixer bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Blend in milk and vanilla. (Mixture may look curdled.)
- 3. Spread cooled pineapple mixture over bottom of pie shell. Pour cream cheese mixture over pineapple layer; sprinkle with pecans.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 325° and bake for 50 minutes. Cool. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 380 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 503 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Cream Cheese-Pineapple Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.