Cream Cheese Pineapple Pie
"I love pineapple and use it in all kinds of recipes," pens Raydona Biles from her home in Clinton, Missouri. "Not too sweet and not too tangy, the mild pineapple flavor in this frosty dessert come through just right."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup pineapple preserves
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty
- foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes
- longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the yogurt and
- preserves; pour into crust. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or
- overnight. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before cutting. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 376 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.