I've made this pie many times for friends, relatives, guests, church suppers and bazaars, and I'm always getting requests for the recipe. I've lived on farms all my life—we used to have a potato farm on Long Island, and now my son farms his own land and manages mine here in Delaware, growing soybeans and wheat. —Elizabeth Brown, Clayton, Delaware
- PINEAPPLE LAYER:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple with juice
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and pineapple plus juice in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thick and clear. Cool; set aside.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar and salt in mixer bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Blend in milk and vanilla. (Mixture may look curdled.)
- Spread cooled pineapple mixture over bottom of pie shell. Pour cream cheese mixture over pineapple layer; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 325° and bake for 50 minutes. Cool. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cream Cheese-Pineapple Pie in Country Woman March/April 1987, p29
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese-Pineapple Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review