Cream Cheese Nut Bread Recipe
I went to a luncheon with some girlfriends a few years ago, and the hostess served this bread. We all marveled at the wonderful flavor and texture.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar; beat in the egg whites. Stir in flour and orange peel; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, beat the egg, milk, honey and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- 3. Spoon a fourth of the batter into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Spread reserved cream cheese mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Spoon remaining batter over filling and carefully spread to cover (pans will not be very full).
- 4. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 slice equals 201 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC