I perk up cupcakes made from a boxed mix using coffee, a cream cheese filling and a silky chocolate ganache. My friends and family can’t get enough of them!—Andrea Franks, Carrollton, Texas
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, adding coffee granules before mixing batter. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg. Stir in chocolate chunks. Drop filling by rounded teaspoonfuls into center of each cupcake.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in corn syrup. Cool 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Dip tops of cupcakes in ganache. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Mocha Cupcakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Mocha Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review