- 8 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Additional melted butter, optional
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- Peel and cube potatoes. Place in a large stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 12-15 minutes. Drain.
- With a mixer, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup melted butter, salt and pepper until smooth. Add potatoes; beat until light and fluffy. If desired, top with additional melted butter. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
"I made this recipe for dinner guests this past weekend and it was a huge hit! I halved the recipe for a smaller crowd, and made it exactly as written, leaving out the additional optional melted butter. I will definitely make again....soooo good!"
"This recipe is SOOO Finger-Licking GOOD! I prepared them today, but I used less the amountof potatoes since it's basically just myself! I'd used 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper,1/4 cup melted butter, 4 russet potatoes which I'd cut in pieces then cooked up to 30 minutes until tender. I peeled potatoes after they cooked. I DID use the full 8-oz. cream cheese! I mixed in 1/2 chopped small onion into the potatoes, sprinkled with paprika and baked for 45 minutes in 1qt. casserole dish at 350o F. delowenstein"