Cream Cheese Macadamia Cookies
With their cake-like texture and subtle orange flavor, these tender drop cookies are sure to liven up holiday tea parties and luncheons. They also make great gifts for loved ones and tasty treats to have on hand throughout the season.
21 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted macadamia nuts or almonds
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, orange
- peel and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder. Gradually add to
- the creamed mixture; mix well. Fold in nuts. Cover and refrigerate
- for 1 hour or until firm.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets; flatten slightly with a greased glass. Bake at 400° for
- 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Editor's Note: If using unsalted macadamia nuts, add 1/4 teaspoon salt to the dough.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 173 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.