Cream Cheese Macadamia Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted macadamia nuts or almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, orange peel and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder. Gradually add to the creamed mixture; mix well. Fold in nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with a greased glass. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 173 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Cream Cheese Macadamia Cookies
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.