Cream Cheese Macadamia Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted macadamia nuts or almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, orange peel and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder. Gradually add to the creamed mixture; mix well. Fold in nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with a greased glass. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 173 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Cream Cheese Macadamia Cookies
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.