With their cake-like texture and subtle orange flavor, these tender drop cookies are sure to liven up holiday tea parties and luncheons. They also make great gifts for loved ones and tasty treats to have on hand throughout the season.
Featured In: 50 Coconut Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted macadamia nuts or almonds
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, orange peel and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder. Gradually add to the creamed mixture; mix well. Fold in nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with a greased glass. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Macadamia Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Macadamia Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review