Cream Cheese Lime Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups shortbread cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- LIME FILLING:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Green liquid food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1. Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until crust just begins to brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For lime filling, combine the sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt in a saucepan. Stir in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount for hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter, lime peel and food coloring if desired. Gently stir in lime juice. Cool to room temperature without stirring.
- 3. For cream cheese filling, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and lime juice in a small bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly in crust; top with lime filling. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 633 calories, 33 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 475 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.