Cream Cheese Ice Cream Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat the cream and milk to 175°; stir in sugar until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Whisk in cream cheese until smooth. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 272 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.