Cream Cheese Ham Omelet
In Guyton, Georgia, Michelle Revelle whips up a 15-minute omelet filled with cream cheese, ham and onion. "My husband and I are watching our cholesterol, so I use an egg substitute for this rich hearty recipe. He raves about it."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked lean ham
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- In a 10-in. nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Reduce
- heat to medium; add egg substitute. As eggs set, lift edges, letting
- uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle
- ham and seasonings over one side. Top with cream cheese cubes. Fold
- omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until
- cream cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 215 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 905 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.