Cream Cheese Ham Omelet Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked lean ham
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1. In a 10-in. nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Reduce heat to medium; add egg substitute. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle ham and seasonings over one side. Top with cream cheese cubes. Fold omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 215 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 905mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Ham Omelet
"My daughters and I really love this recipe. Everyone can help with the dicing, cubing, and cooking.It's always a special occasion when we prepare it, so we make the following changes to the ingredients: real eggs, butter instead of oil, non-low fat cream cheese.Plus we add sliced black olives and red bell pepper.First saute the pepper (about 1/4 pepper or 1/4 cup per omelette, diced) in a tab of butter in a small pan over low heat until sweet and tender. Transfer to a bowl with as much of the buttery red juice as you can get. Keep it warm if possible. Wipe the pan. Saute the sweet onion, diced (again, about 1/4 cup or 1/4 onion per omelette) in a tab of butter until translucent. Add diced ham, (we use Oscar Mayer lean smoked slices, two slices per omelette) and heat until the ham is warm and still tender. Leave in pan to retain warmth.Whisk two eggs per omelette. Pour first 2 whisked eggs into a ten inch omelette pan, twirling pan over medium heat occasionally until the eggs become firm but still tender all around.Immediately add the cubed cream cheese (2-3 ounces per omelette, cut about the size of sugar cubes) to half the first omelette, Then sprinkle the warm onions and ham evenly on top of that (warmth will help melt the cheese), then the peppers and black olives to taste. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper.Fold the omelette over and enjoy a nice, high-cholesterol weekend or holiday brunch, preferably after sleeping in following a night of watching movies."
"We love this omelet! The flavor combination is so good. It inspired me to use more cream cheese with eggs."
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.