In Guyton, Georgia, Michelle Revelle whips up a 15-minute omelet filled with cream cheese, ham and onion. "My husband and I are watching our cholesterol, so I use an egg substitute for this rich hearty recipe. He raves about it."
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked lean ham
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- In a 10-in. nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Reduce heat to medium; add egg substitute. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle ham and seasonings over one side. Top with cream cheese cubes. Fold omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Ham Omelet in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p39
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Ham Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review