Cream Cheese Frosting
This smooth, versatile frosting has a delicate vanilla flavor. The woman who made the wedding cake for our daughter, Leanne, and her groom, Billy Waters, used this recipe. It's also excellent on carrot cake.
12-16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 to 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and salt
- until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Store frosting
- in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 234 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.