Cream Cheese Frosted Pumpkin Bars Recipe
These tender, tasty cakelike bars are a welcome treat! A store-bought mix speeds assembly, and the from-scratch cream cheese frosting is heavenly. Best of all, they easily feed a bunch. —Esther Thys, Belle Plaine, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:40 servings
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. Beat the pumpkin, sugar, eggs and oil in a large bowl. Combine biscuit mix and cinnamon; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins.
- 2. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC