Cream Cheese Frosted Pumpkin Bars Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Beat the pumpkin, sugar, eggs and oil in a large bowl. Combine biscuit mix and cinnamon; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Frosted Pumpkin Bars
Sort By :
"Love this recipe! The photo seems to show that there are chocolate chips in it? The recipe I used from here was perfect the way it read."
"Didn't have the right size pan so baked them a little longer in my 9 x 13. Very tasty and rich. The frosting complements it nicely. Great quick dessert that gets raves from family and friends. You know it is a hit when you get recipe requests."
"I thought the flavor was very good...I wasn't looking for a pumpkin pie bar so the spices for me were perfect as written. Great with coffee or tea."
"This looked so good in the picture and a disappointment when consumed. The problem is thee is only cinnamon in the ingredients that give it no flavor. I expected more of a pumpkin pie taste. The 1st clue should have alerted me. I then compared it to another TOH recipe that had cloves and nutmeg and saw the problem right away. If you make it be sure to add the additional spices."