These melt-in-your-mouth cookies are one of my mom's specialties. Made with cream cheese and butter, they're very rich...and the pecans add wonderful flavor. They're great with hot cup of coffee or a tall glass of milk. —Jeanne Voss Anaheim Hills, California
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans (dough will be crumbly).
- Shape tablespoonfuls into 2-in. logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Finger Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Finger Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review