Cream Cheese Finger Cookies
These melt-in-your-mouth cookies are one of my mom's specialties. Made with cream cheese and butter, they're very rich...and the pecans add wonderful flavor. They're great with hot cup of coffee or a tall glass of milk.
Anaheim Hills, California
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and
- fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans (dough
- will be crumbly).
- Shape tablespoonfuls into 2-in. logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased
- baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Carefully roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool
- on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 240 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.