Cream Cheese Finger Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans (dough will be crumbly).
- Shape tablespoonfuls into 2-in. logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Finger Cookies(12)
Sort By :
I have to agree with momsmrf. I too used the recipe from the T.O.H. magazine and wish I had looked it up on the web site to see the reviews before making these. Won't make them again.
I thought these were quite bland. If not for the powdered sugar, they wouldn't have much flavor. While assembling the ingredients I wondered if the "1 Tablespoon Sugar" was correct. I used an old recipe I had clipped from the T of H magazine and I see that the recipe online is the same.
That's ok! Not every recipe is for every person Back to the drawing board, right?
KafeutzSomeone at Taste of Home should actually bake a recipe before they put it online or in a Best Loved Cookie recipe magazine..
I assure you that every single recipe is made several times, tasted and reviewed by the staff in the Test Kitchen. These aren't meant to be a sweet cookie, the confectionary sugar coating is meant to give them just the right touch of sweetness.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >