- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans (dough will be crumbly).
- Shape tablespoonfuls into 2-in. logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Finger Cookies
"My youngest daughter and I LOVE these cookies. They are perfection with coffee or tea. Not everyone wants a sweet tasting cookie all the time; these are just sweet enough for us. :)"
"I have been making these since I saw then in the magazine -13 years. I only make two cookies for the holidays- these are one of them. easy to make, friends and family look forward to them each year."
"My family loves these cookies!"
"I have to agree with momsmrf. I too used the recipe from the T.O.H. magazine and wish I had looked it up on the web site to see the reviews before making these. Won't make them again."
"I thought these were quite bland. If not for the powdered sugar, they wouldn't have much flavor. While assembling the ingredients I wondered if the "1 Tablespoon Sugar" was correct. I used an old recipe I had clipped from the T of H magazine and I see that the recipe online is the same."
"[quote user="Kafeutz"].sorry but these were just bad (in my opinion).[/quote]That's ok! Not every recipe is for every person Back to the drawing board, right?"
"I understand that as I am Hungarian and we have several cookies that are not "sweet" but these were just flavorless. When I make my grandmother's recipe for similar cookies you don't really need the powdered sugar as they are just sweet enough...sorry but these were just bad (in my opinion)."