Cream Cheese Deviled Eggs
SHERMAN OAKS, CALIFORNIA
Peas and bacon give this traditional appetizer a nice little twist. A family favorite, these deviled eggs are always first to disappear from the table.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a
- small bowl, mash yolks. Add the cream cheese, mustard, salt and
- pepper; beat until blended. Stir in peas.
- Stuff or pipe mixture into egg whites. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed egg half equals 97 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.