Cream Cheese Dessert Wedges
Refrigerated buttermilk biscuits create the tender crust for these pretty slices sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. "They can be served warm or chilled, and they're extra special with fresh fruit," notes Betty Claycomb of Alverton, Pennsylvania.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Separate biscuits into 10 pieces; place in an ungreased 9-in. round
- baking dish. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides, pinching
- edges together to seal. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until
- slightly puffed.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and
- flour until smooth; pour over crust. Combine topping ingredients;
- sprinkle over filling. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until filling is
- set and crust is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before cutting. Serve
- warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 185 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.