Refrigerated buttermilk biscuits create the tender crust for these pretty slices sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. "They can be served warm or chilled, and they're extra special with fresh fruit," notes Betty Claycomb of Alverton, Pennsylvania.
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Separate biscuits into 10 pieces; place in an ungreased 9-in. round baking dish. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides, pinching edges together to seal. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until slightly puffed.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and flour until smooth; pour over crust. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over filling. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Dessert Wedges in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p38
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Dessert Wedges
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review