Cream Cheese Delights
Perfect for entertaining, these cookies are light as air yet easy to make.Agnes Golian, Garfield Heights, Ohio
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Halved maraschino cherries or candied cherries
- In a small bowl, cream the shortening, cream cheese and sugar until
- light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and
- salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Top each
- with a cherry half. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 87 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.