Perfect for entertaining, these cookies are light as air yet easy to make.—Agnes Golian, Garfield Heights, Ohio
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Halved maraschino cherries or candied cherries
- In a small bowl, cream the shortening, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Top each with a cherry half. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Delights in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p11
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Delights
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review