Cream cheese makes these tender treats just melt in your mouth.—Lynne Stewart, Julian, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup apricot spreadable fruit or seedless raspberry preserves
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour to the creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough into four portions; cover and refrigerate until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough at a time into a 10-in. x 7-1/2-in. rectangle. Trim edges if necessary. Cut into 2-1/2-in. squares.
- Place 1/4 teaspoon spreadable fruit or preserves near each end of two diagonal corners. Moisten the remaining two corners with water; fold over and press lightly.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until corners are lightly browned. Cool 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Dainties in Country Woman November/December 1992, p36
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Dainties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review