Decorating cookies always puts me in a happy mood. Cookies from this recipe don't rise a lot or lose their shape. —Julie Dawson, Galena, Ohio
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- Food coloring, optional
- Assorted sprinkles or candies
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese, sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, 1-2 hours or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to reach desired consistency. If desired, add food coloring. Decorate cookies with frosting and sprinkles. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Cutouts in Country Woman November/December 2003, p10
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Cutouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review