- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- Chocolate frosting, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cake mix, water, butter and eggs.
- Spoon batter by 1/4 cupfuls into paper-lined muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Cupcakes
"Was simple and easy to make. Very tasty. Made a cream cheese filling and frosted with a cream cheese frosting absolutely scrumptious. Will be making theses again!"
"Simple, easy and sounds yummy!"
"They were easy to make. It tasted like a light yellow cake. I don't think they were anything special."
"I liked the firmness not tee sweet , also moist I liked them"
"These were wonderful. Made them for the 4th of July and they were a hit! Iced them with cream cheese icing...yes they were sweet and wonderful!!"
"Wouldn't you know it! I kept trying and soon as I sent the email, the right grocery list came up. Egg on my face!!!!"
"Haven't made them yet. The grocery list for the cream cheese cupcake is for the hummingbird cupcake. Sorry. I thought you should know."
"Took these to work & they disappeared - super easy, will make again! Did not frost."
"I found this recipe to be so extremely sweet, that I wish I hadn't iced tem. Also the tops were so tender, it was hard to put the icing on without pulling the top layer off."
"They were very good and easy to makeWould definitely make again"