Cream Cheese Cranberry Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over muffins. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Cranberry Muffins(16)
Sort By :
There is a Cranberry Coffee Cake recipe in last years Taste of Home Fall Baking magazine that is almost identical to this one. The only difference is that this one is in muffin rather than bundt cake form, and this one adds a simple glaze. I don't know if this is a coincidence, our if this recipe was "inspired" by that one (or perhaps vice versa). Either way it is a very tasty muffin/cake, and the cream cheese adds richness and moisture. The reviews that said these were dry must have over baked them.
Very yummy muffins! They were beautiful and everyone enjoyed them. However, they were a tiny bit dry and the cream cheese was barely able to be tasted. 20 minutes was more than enough, 22 crisped the bottoms. A keeper, but maybe with a few changes.
Were a bit dry.
This is one of the BEST muffin recipies I have tried, so versitile also! I have used blueberries, and peaches also. Yummy! My families new favorite!
Delicious! I didn't have pecans, so I substituted with walnuts. Its nice it makes so many muffins, I ended up freezing about half, and they were still just as tasty.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Bread Recipes >