- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffins comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over muffins. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Cranberry Muffins
"These are great for brunch or dessert!"
"This is the exact recipe in an old cookbook I found called, Sophie's Cranberry coffeecake. It is baked in a tube or bundt pan at 350 degrees for 65 mins."
"We love it even WITHOUT the glaze topping....so yummy and plenty sweet."
"Very good. Moist and creamy tasting. I omitted the nuts."
"Delicious light buttery flavor.... But I made few changes :) I replaced 2 cups of all-purpose flour with 1 cup of all-purpose flour and 1 cup of coconut flour; replaced pecans with 1/3 cup of whiskey .... Its a little taste of haven now :)"