- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into
- four portions. Roll each into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle; spread
- with filling. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side;
- pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under.
- Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. With a scissors, cut
- two-thirds of the way through dough at 1-in. intervals. Cover and
- let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to wire racks to cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over
- coffee cakes. Yield: 4 coffee cakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 139 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.