- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sour cream mixture
- and eggs. Beat until smooth. Gradually stir in flour to form a soft
- dough (dough will be very soft). Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch dough down. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 5-6 times.
- Divide into fourths. Roll each piece into a 12-in. x 8-in.
- rectangle. In a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients until
- well blended. Spread over each rectangle to within 1 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams and
- ends to seal. Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Cut six
- X's on top of loaves. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about
- 1 hour.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to wire racks to cool. In a small bowl, combine the
- confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla; drizzle over warm loaves.
- Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield:
- 20-24 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 264 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.