Cream Cheese Clouds
This attractive dessert is like a meringue but without all the fuss. The "clouds" are made the night before and quickly filled just before and quickly filled just before serving. In a pinch, I've used canned pie filling for the fresh strawberries.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and
- vanilla until smooth. Gradually add cream, beating until thickened.
- Spoon mixture into 10 mounds on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- Using the back of a spoon, shape into 3-in. cups. Freeze for 2 hours
- or overnight.
- To serve, fill with strawberries and garnish with whipped topping.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 294 calories, 21 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.