This attractive dessert is like a meringue but without all the fuss. The "clouds" are made the night before and quickly filled just before and quickly filled just before serving. In a pinch, I've used canned pie filling for the fresh strawberries.
Recommended: Top 10 Coconut Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add cream, beating until thickened.
- Spoon mixture into 10 mounds on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon, shape into 3-in. cups. Freeze for 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, fill with strawberries and garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Clouds in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p173