This attractive dessert is like a meringue but without all the fuss. The "clouds" are made the night before and quickly filled just before and quickly filled just before serving. In a pinch, I've used canned pie filling for the fresh strawberries.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add cream, beating until thickened.
- Spoon mixture into 10 mounds on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon, shape into 3-in. cups. Freeze for 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, fill with strawberries and garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Clouds in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p173
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Clouds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2015
"Great dessert that's not too heavy!!!"