- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the sugar, egg and salt until smooth. Fold in chocolate and peanut butter chips; set aside.
- For cupcakes, in a large bowl, beat the sugar, water, oil, vinegar and vanilla until well blended. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture and mix well.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full with batter. Top each with about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Chocolate Cupcakes
Sort By :
I have been making these, minus the peanut butter chips, for over 30 years! Always moist and gobbled up soon after they are made!
I have made these cupcakes several times. They are delicious. Both kids and adults enjoy.
Its very good eatin the first day cooled.
Forgot to tell you my recipe is to bake for 20 min. Also 1 teas of vanilla in the cupcakes.
I have made these for over 25 years. I started making them when my kids took cupcakes to school for their birthdays. I do put a pink butter cream frosting on top. I use a star tip and cover the top. My recipe is this doubled.(without the peanut butter chips) which makes close to 30 cupcakes.
My second son who lives 2550 miles away still thinks I should mail them to him for his birthday. He is 28. I also think they are best kept in the frig.Everyone raves about them.