- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the sugar, egg and salt until smooth. Fold in chocolate and peanut butter chips; set aside.
- For cupcakes, in a large bowl, beat the sugar, water, oil, vinegar and vanilla until well blended. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture and mix well.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full with batter. Top each with about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Chocolate Cupcakes
"Fabulous! My husband and I loved these!! I didn't have peanut butter chips, so used a combo of white chocolate and butterscotch. Also, instead of 1 c. water, I put in 1 c. hot coffee. That may sound strange, but it brings out the chocolaty flavor. I didn't have enough cream cheese filling for 2 tablespoons for each cupcake, rather it was one TBSP, but that didn't make a difference to the taste. These only make about 18 or so cupcakes, so if you don't make a double batch, they will go fast!!"
"Very tasty! Family loved these. I made mini ones."
"I have been making these, minus the peanut butter chips, for over 30 years! Always moist and gobbled up soon after they are made!"
"I have made these cupcakes several times. They are delicious. Both kids and adults enjoy."
"Its very good eatin the first day cooled."