Looking for something wonderful to boost the flavor of your bagel? Spread on the tasty topper concocted by Alice Guzman of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Pepped up with a little chili powder, her pleasant spread adds punch to a warm toasted bagel at breakfast, brunch or snacktime.
Recommended: 75 Winning Recipes For Your Super Bowl Potluck
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the green pepper, onion, chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic powder and pepper; mix well. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Chili Spread in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p47
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Chili Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2013
"This is delicious. A great alternative to the high fat/calorie (and expensive) spreads in bagel shops. Will be making again."