Cream Cheese Cherry Dessert Recipe
When I'm anticipating a busy day, I make this pretty dessert the night before. You don't need a very big piece to satisfy a sweet tooth.
- 3 cups Rice Chex, crushed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, brown sugar, walnuts, coconut and butter; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour over the crust. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread pie filling over cream cheese layer; top with whipped topping. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 18-20 servings.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Cherry Dessert in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p80
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Cherry Dessert(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review