Cream Cheese Candies
"This four-ingredient recipe was recommended by friends and shared throughout our neighborhood," says Katie Koziolek from Hartland, Minnesota. "The rich, simple mints are often seen at wedding receptions and graduation parties, and they make a perfect last-minute addition to holiday candy trays."
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint or McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Green and red colored sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and extract. Beat in 1-1/2 cups
- confectioners' sugar. Knead in remaining confectioners' sugar until
- smooth. Shape into 1/2-in. balls. Roll in colored sugar if desired.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten with a fork. Let stand
- for 1 hour to harden. Store in an airtight container in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 47 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.