- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint or almond extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Green and red colored sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and extract. Beat in 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar. Knead in remaining confectioners' sugar until smooth. Shape into 1/2-in. balls. Roll in colored sugar if desired.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten with a fork. Let stand for 1 hour to harden. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Candies
"easy and better than you can buy at a store. Shared some with friends and they really liked them too. Thanks for sharing."
"I thought the flavor of these were really good, but no matter how much powdered sugar I added, they never got thick enough to be shaped. It was just a mess. Disappointing."
"Not very happy with this recipe. All you can taste is the powdered sugar. I will not make it again."
"These are so easy to make and are delicious. They are also pretty to put on the table during the holidays. I am constantly asked for the recipe!"
"Not only did I make the mint ones, I made another batch and used strawberry flavoring and red food coloring as another option. They were really good."
"The recipe calls for only 3 oz. and not a whole 8 oz. package of cream cheese?"
"I made these chocolate mint by using 2 1/2 C sugar and 1/2 C cocoa."
"Although these tasted wonderfull, I did have to add more confectioners sugar because it was just to gooey and sticky to even attempt to roll. Adding more of the c sugar did not take away from the cream cheese goodness"