A friend from church shared this recipe with me. Cream cheese lends itself to a moist and chewy brownie bar that's finger-lickin' good! —Carolyn Reed, North Robinson, Ohio
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup instant hot cocoa mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and milk until fluffy; set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cocoa mix and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts and mix well.
- Pour half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with the cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the cream cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Brownies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p78
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review