Cream Cheese Brownies Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup instant hot cocoa mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and milk until fluffy; set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cocoa mix and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts and mix well.
- 2. Pour half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with the cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the cream cheese.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 204 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Brownies
"I love this recipe. It won best of show at state fair. I like to add coconut to the cream cheese mix for added flavor. Very easy to put together."
"Like mentioned before, I added a bit of cocoa powder to the mix to off set the sweetness of the hot cocoa mix. Also used reduced fat cream cheese with great results. Heavenly."
"I made these today to add to an assorted cookie platter for Christmas. I used a dark chocolate hot cocoa mix and felt it gave it more flavor. Beautiful, moist and tasty - the kids and hubby went nuts over them. Well definitely make again."
"I added some cocoa to the brownie batter, needed some extra chocolate flavoring for my taste, I might add some chocolate chips to the batter next time. Nice moist texture, good recipe."
"these are really good brownies with lots of cream cheese in them. I did use one fat free cream cheese and one regular and turned out fine. I also used my home -ade cocoa mix for the instant and it was fine. my family liked them and said to keep the recipe."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.