Cream Cheese Brownies Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup instant hot cocoa mix
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and milk until fluffy; set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cocoa mix and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts and mix well.
- 2. Pour half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with the cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the cream cheese.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Swiss Miss instant cocoa.
1 each: 204 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Brownies
"I love this recipe. It won best of show at state fair. I like to add coconut to the cream cheese mix for added flavor. Very easy to put together."
"Like mentioned before, I added a bit of cocoa powder to the mix to off set the sweetness of the hot cocoa mix. Also used reduced fat cream cheese with great results. Heavenly."
"these are really good brownies with lots of cream cheese in them. I did use one fat free cream cheese and one regular and turned out fine. I also used my home -ade cocoa mix for the instant and it was fine. my family liked them and said to keep the recipe."