Cream Cheese Bran Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup All-Bran
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (16.6 ounces) date quick bread mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cereal and milk; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream and egg. Stir in bread mix just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about three-fourths full. Cut cream cheese into 12 cubes; gently press one cube into the center of each muffin cup just until covered with batter (cups will be full).
- 3. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 241 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Bran Muffins
"These make me want to smack somebody, they are so good!"