Cream Cheese Bran Muffins Recipe
“These are really good and so moist,” writes Jeannette Mack of Rushville, New York. “The cream cheese center eliminates the need to add butter to the muffin.”
- 1 cup All-Bran
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (16.6 ounces) date quick bread mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cereal and milk; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream and egg. Stir in bread mix just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about three-fourths full. Cut cream cheese into 12 cubes; gently press one cube into the center of each muffin cup just until covered with batter (cups will be full).
- 3. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 241 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC