Cream Cheese Bran Muffins Recipe
“These are really good and so moist,” writes Jeannette Mack of Rushville, New York. “The cream cheese center eliminates the need to add butter to the muffin.”
- 1 cup All-Bran
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (16.6 ounces) date quick bread mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and milk; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream and egg. Stir in bread mix just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about three-fourths full. Cut cream cheese into 12 cubes; gently press one cube into the center of each muffin cup just until covered with batter (cups will be full).
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Bran Muffins in Simple & Delicious
Reviews for Cream Cheese Bran Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2011
These make me want to smack somebody, they are so good!